Man suing surgeon after he woke from surgery to find his entire nose removed


A man woke up after getting a nose job to find that the plastic surgeon had removed his nose entirely.
Patient Vishal Thakkar went to Dr Angelo Cuzalina, the president of the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery, for more than eight surgeries over the course of a half a dozen years. 

Mr Thakkar said after he went through a divorce in 2006, he decided to ‘do something selfish’ and get a nose job. He was living in Tulsa, Oklahoma at the time and went to one of the leading plastic surgeons in the area, Dr. Cuzalina.

Image

Image

Thakkar before his surgery Dr Cuzalina could not be reached for comment and his lawyers previously denied interview requests from Fox 23 on the grounds that they would not be able to speak about Mr Thakkar’s medical history given doctor-patient confidentiality agreements.
Thakkar says that after the first surgery he suffered some relatively minor breathing problems that occurred when he slept or worked out. 

He went back to Dr Cuzalina eight times within the year to treat various fixes from the previous treatments.Image

Dr Cuzalina Before one of the surgeries, Thakkar alleges that he specifically told one of Dr Cuzalina’s nurses that he did not want them to take any cartilage from his ears should they need it for his nose during the surgery.

When he woke up a few hours later, he had pain behind his ears because they had done just that. Fox 23 says the doctor later emailed an apology to Mr Thakkar.

Those recordings were then used as justification for Dr. Cuzalina’s August 31, 2012 letter where he said that he would no longer operate on Mr Thakkar because of his ‘ongoing threats and harassment against my staff, my practice, and me personally’. 

As a part of Mr Thakkar’s lawsuit, he went on to say that the plastic surgeon, who is the president of the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery and has no prior complaints filed against him in the state of Oklahoma, gave him a dangerous mix of prescription medication. 

The lawsuit says Mr Thakkar was ‘prescribed an excessive amount of medication, enough to kill the patient, if taken, including but not limited to Loratab, Ambien, Valilum, and Oxycodone.’
This is far from the end of his plastic surgery nightmare, however, as he is determined to fix his face.

‘There is no way I am going to live like this. It is worse than being dead,’ he said.

Culled from Daily Mail UK

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s